Feb 29, 2016
WATERVILLE, Maine — Colby College junior Mardi Haskell earned her third straight Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association (EISA) All-East First Team honor for alpine skiing and senior Sierra Leavitt was honored as All-East for the first time.
Both women also qualified for the NCAA Division I Skiing Championships in Steamboat Springs, Colo., from March 9-12.
Haskell was a two-time All-American at last year’s national meet, finishing fourth in the slalom and 10th in the giant slalom. In her first year, Haskell was 12th in the slalom and 20th in the GS.
Haskell’s giant slalom racing is on par with her slalom skiing heading into the NCAA races.
Leavitt was ninth in the giant slalom to earn her All-American honor at last year’s NCAA meet. Leavitt was named to the All-East Second Team. She also took 22nd place a year ago in the NCAA slalom.
The NCAA meet will begin with the women’s giant slalom on Wednesday, March 9, at 11 a.m. (EST). Women’s slalom racing is scheduled for 8:15 p.m. (EST) on Friday, March 11.
Alpine Women’s NCAA Qualifiers
1. Alexa Dlouhy, Dartmouth
2. Foreste Peterson, Dartmouth
3. Laurence St. Germain, Vermont
4. Kelly Moore, Dartmouth
5. Lisa Wedsjoe, New Hampshire
6. Freydis Halla Einarsdottir, Plymouth State
7. Mardi Haskell, Colby
8. Brittany Lathrop, Vermont
9. Sierra Leavitt, Colby
10. Mille Graesdal, Vermont
11. Teschner Randa, New Hampshire
12. Caroline Bartlett, Middlebury
13. Genevieve Frigon, New Hampshire
14. Hannah Hunsaker, Williams
15. Lexi Calcagni, Middlebury
16. Meggane Grand, Saint Michael’s