Posted: Jan 08, 2019
WATERVILLE, Maine -- The Colby College women's basketball team held University of Maine at Presque Isle to 13 second-half points and blocked 14 shots in a 64-39 non-conference win Tuesday.
The Mules improve to 6-7 overall heading into Sunday's NESCAC home game with Trinity College at 2 p.m.
By the numbers
* Ainsley Burns (pictured) and Grace Coutu both had four blocked shots. Katie McCrum and Jackie Albanese each swatted away two shots.
* Keagan Dunbar led all scorers with 15 points and had eight rebounds. Burns added 13 points and eight boards, while Paige Russell finished with 11 points, five rebounds, and three assists. Albanese had eight points and five rebounds, Sarah Hancock led in assists with five, and Coutu had nine rebounds.
* Rhylee Wright paced UMPI (5-7 overall) with 11 points, 12 rebounds, three steals, and two assists. Hunter Mercier scored nine points and Emmy Churchill had eight points and five rebounds.
* The Mules held the Owls to just 24.6 percent shooting.
* The Owls started the game strong and led 12-3 before Colby fought back to trail just 14-12 after one quarter.
* UMPI had its last lead at 25-22, but the Mules tied the game and went up 29-26 at halftime on an Albanese 3-point shot.
* The Mules were leading 36-32 in the third quarter before using a 9-4 run to go up 45-34 heading into the final quarter.
* Colby opened the final 10 minutes with an 8-0 run on 3-point shots by Dunbar and Russell, and a layup from Carly Christofori.